Where Can I Find Good Gov. Drug Treatment Centers?

Question by Drea: Where can I find good gov. drug treatment centers?
I’m a struggling single mother trying to get over my meth addiction. I’m willing to stay at a shelter that has outside resources for drug treatment–although that wouln’t be my ideal situation. My problem with finding a program (in a non-ghetto area “Yeah she’s off the drugs, but in the hospital from that drive-by) * l o l
Anyways, like I was saying I need a residential facility where my daughter is also able to stay with me.

Thanks for any info you can offer, as I’m going on weeks of research and pulling my hair out at this point.

~D r e a

Best answer:

Answer by Jamie Lynn

There are several choices and advice things there.

Add your own answer in the comments!



PSTIM Pulse Stimulation Treatment Application by Doctor Igor Ostrovsky, MD Brooklyn New York – www.doctorostrovsky.com PSTIM (Pulse Stimulation Treatment) is a revolutionary device for non-drug pain management. PSTIM is an FDA approved pain treatment program blending conventional acupuncture therapy with modern technology. PSTIM is a small, discreet device which is placed behind a patient’s ear and weighs only 7 grams.Once installed, PSTIM™ provides a steady current of low frequency electrical impulses to specific acupuncture points located in the outer ear. PSTIM delivers effective, continuous pain relief in a safe and personal manner. PSTIM is FDA approved for treatment of: Back Pain Sciatica Neck Pain Arthritic and Joint Pain Fibromyalgia Shingles (Post-Herpetic Neuralgia) Cancer Pain Depression and Insomnia PSTIM is also used successfully to suppress appetite and decrease body weight, and to treat tobacco and other addictions. PSTIM enhances the release of endorphins — natural pain reducing hormones. Studies indicate that after initial PSTIM treatment the majority of chronic pain patients report at least 50% reduction in pain and further accumulation of pain reduction in subsequent treatments. PSTIM is battery powered, and controlled by a microchip. PSTIM is minimally invasive and is applied quickly and painlessly. Once nerve access points are identified, tiny titanium acupuncture needles attached to the device are placed on these access points. After initial placement of PSTIM for 3 days 1Hz stimulation is delivered to access points, accelerating the body’s


New Arthritis Drug Xeljanz Gets FDA Approval

Filed under: drug treatment programs in maryland

"Xeljanz provides a new treatment option for adults suffering from the debilitating disease of RA who have had a poor response to methotrexate," says Badrul Chowdhury, MD, PhD, the FDA's head of pulmonary, allergy, and rheumatology products. Some 70% …
Read more on WebMD


Kolmac Clinic and Crossroads Centers Announce Merger

Filed under: drug treatment programs in maryland

BALTIMORE, MARYLAND (November 12, 2012) – Crossroads Centers and Kolmac Clinic — two of Maryland's oldest intensive outpatient treatment programs for alcohol and drug problems, announce they have joined forces beginning November 5, 2012.
Read more on Melodika.net (press release)


Drug Could Cut Steroid Use in Uveitis

Filed under: drug treatment programs in maryland

In a phase I, randomized, open-label study, vitreous haze improved at 6 months for 36% of patients who received the drug intravitreally, and for 42% of those given it subconjunctivally, Mohamed Ibrahim Ahmed, MD, of the Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns …
Read more on MedPage Today


2 Responses to Where Can I Find Good Gov. Drug Treatment Centers?

  • peahi wahine says:

    You should check with the social servies agency in your state. They’ll pay for it and will not try to take your child away, if you’re concerned about that.

    If you’re on disability and have Medicare, you can go anywhere you want really.

    I’ve never heard of a rehab or treatment center that allows children. Part of recovery is focusing on you and just you so that you can get better. This is why family members are often not permitted to have contact with you for awhile.

    You need to find someone in your family who can take her or have the state find a licensed childcare provider maybe.

  • Rickydotcom says:

    Without knowing your city and state you can start with this website: http://dasis3.samhsa.gov/

    Another way is to Yahoo (or Google) your state’s department of health and search their website.

    Start there. I’d say good luck, but luck has nothing to do with recovery.

    There ARE some facilities in some states that provide care for women with children, there’s one here in my hometown and others in the State of Maryland!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *